Monday, August 16, 2010

I have 3 children, two are from a previous relationship. How can I make it easier for my husband to deal with?

I work 5 days a week, so he's home with all of them, by himself. My son is 4, my daughter is 2 1/2 and OUR daughter is only 5 months old. He's been getting stressed out and frustrated. I'm worried about his well being, what can I do to make this easier on him?I have 3 children, two are from a previous relationship. How can I make it easier for my husband to deal with?
Luckily the children are young enough to be taught that ';You're not my dad'; will not be effective. I hope that you are communicating together about discipline and reinforcing each other's decisions.





I do agree that he knew what he signed up for but that doesn't mean that the stresses of his job aren't overwhelming.





I have included some links to pages for Stay At Home Dads. Some of them are very funny.I have 3 children, two are from a previous relationship. How can I make it easier for my husband to deal with?
Put the older one in a day care program where he might get a head start on learning some kindergarten skills. If you can afford it hire some help.
I'm guessing your husband knew what to expect before he married you. I understand the stress of one child, I couldn't imagine the stress from three. However, he needs to lighten up. The stress from children comes from an internal idea of lack of control. The situation may appear as chaos to him. I believe he needs to re-adjust his understanding of the situation. Keep the kids from hurting themselves. They need to run and yell and scream and be children.





If he can learn to look at the situation as ';this is the way it is, they're just kids'; and perhaps learn to laugh a little, may be he can survive.





And, if all else fails, tell him that women have been doing it for millenia. How is it that a big tough man can not handle little children? (play on his ego. however, be gentle; a man's ego is very fragile!)





I understand your worries. But, as a man myself, I can tell you that he simply needs to step up to the plate and be a man about it. He made a commitment to you AND your children. He needs to stop being a sissy.
When this guy met you he should have considered the circumstances if he is a real man he will raise these children a his own he married you and accepted all that you are and what you came with now it is his time to learn how to deal with the stress of children and the complications of marriage, He shouldn't be stressing out over kidstell your husband to sit back relax and learn how to control the situation instead of being frustrated by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment