Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I deal with husband that may be depressed, just lost his job due to company closing,also on probation.?

Hubby went to work on Fri to find everything locked up. We knew company was closing but no date given,however rumors at work had been they would shut doors end of month leaving everyone with no insurance. Hubby has been acting increasingly more depressed as the month went along. No patience for anyone especially our 7 yr old son, who has some special needs and is ADHD. He sleeps all the time or else doesn't sleep at nite. Has mood swings, like last week went from yelling,cursing at me and wanting a divorce,coming home and telling our son he is moving out(even though he has no money),next day he is fine kids are asking what is wrong with him that he acts so strange. Next day he has a DR appt and it is taking g forever so he texts me and tells me and tells me he loves me, first time in over a week. He acts like Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde.


I need to add that he has been clean since Feb,going to NA meetings, a court ordered IOP submits to random drug testing(he has to go today), and was sentenced 5-4-09 to 3 years probation for embezzling money to support a coke habit I new nothing about. He did this before we were married, during a period we had broke up. After his Mom died, his only parent because his dad walked out when he was a baby and he never knew him.


I do not know who or where to turn to get some support and help in this situation. All I know is he needs help, NOW. He is court ordered to have a psyche eval, which is not even scheduled yet. He only sees a counselor twice a month which is not enough. Counselor cannot talk to me. So I sit here feeling lost not knowing what to do. Feeling like I have to be the one to keep everything going,and run interference. Yet I am the one on disability due to severe back injuries from a car accident, along with a mental illness and other things.


How do I get him to take a shower, eat, take his medications(he is diabetic) like he should. Just care about himself first and then his family. This is tearing me up inside, I see how despondent he is, and I see how it is affecting our kids.How do I deal with husband that may be depressed, just lost his job due to company closing,also on probation.?
This is going to seem harsh, so I apologize ahead of time, but.....All I hear is you making excuses for a loser junkie criminal who treats his family like crap. At the end of the day, it's all about the choices we make. Maybe if he had made better choices in his life he wouldn't be where he is now. And that brings us to your choices......How do I deal with husband that may be depressed, just lost his job due to company closing,also on probation.?
Throw his druggie butt out and tell him to get a job.
You need to sit down with him and tell him in order to get through all the problems that you need to talk to each other and figure out a plan of action. If you work together then you have someone to depend on. You also point out what he is doing to his children, and tell him he knew how bad it is not having a father, and the way he is acting is like not having a father for the kids. Communication is the best way to handle any problem. I also think that you should go to open meetings at NA and listen to what some of the people have to talk about. You will understand the addiction better if you know that some times it is a real struggle not to use when you are having such a terrible period in your life. If you understand this problem then you can understand him better.
So i think there is narcotics anon for the families too if you look for it.....they would be better trained to help you...protect your family and maybe down the line he will get it together...i know it's not all his fault but some of it is and you need to protect yourself and your family first...

No comments:

Post a Comment