Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I deal with a husband who tells me he loves our daughter more than me?

Also says that when our daughter gets older, we'll go out as a couple. I feel like a third wheel to a coach.How do I deal with a husband who tells me he loves our daughter more than me?
My wife is the same way, but I don't have a problem with that. I put the children first as well.





What bugs me is that I'm #3. Jesus is #1, the kids are #2 and I'm #3. Once when she said it she had ';the church'; in there and I was #4 but she quickly and wisely backed that one out when she repeated it. ';The church'; is real people and I wouldn't stay if she put any orginization, government or other people ahead of me. A little tough since I don't share her religious views.How do I deal with a husband who tells me he loves our daughter more than me?
You could start by letting him know that without you, he wouldnt have his daughter. Sure, he could have had children with somebody else, but it wouldnt be her. You didnt mention how old your daughter is, but at any rate, you deserve a night out as a couple. Well, that is a tough one, but if he doesnt respect you, and it sounds like he doesnt, then dont give him the benefits a wife can give if ya know what i mean.
Who is the ';we'; that gets to go out as a couple?


You and your husband or your husband and his daughter?


One is natural. The other is creepy.





He needs to realize that if you don't feel like you are loved and appreciated, you won't be there later. Your daughter needs to see a happy and secure relationship so she can have one of her own when she's older.
A couple? Like he wants to get with your daughter. That is incest.


But if he meant it like double dating, you and him and your girl and her boy, then I'd say get over the situation.





My daughter that I had before I met my husband, has always come first. If it came down to my daughter or him, I'd choose my daughter. And you should understand that as a mother. You ALWAYS love your child first. Then your husband.
Go to marriage counseling. My daughter is from a previous marriage and I made it clear from the day my husband and I started dating that if it ever came down to me having to choose one or the other, my daughter will always come first. I love my daughter more than I love my husband but I don't say it to him.
Be glad that your daughter has a dad who loves her more than anything.


Think about it seriously who do you love more your husband or your daughter which one are you more likely to give your life up for?


Don't feel bad you have a good husband and your duaghter a good dad:)








Edit:


Wait him and her together as a couple??





something wrong there i think
Parental love is so completely different from romantic love that you really can't compare them. There is no ';less or more';.





That said, if your husband is refusing to go out with you without your daughter, that's kind of strange. How old is she, anyway?
if this is true your a dumb @ss. Why the hell would a father go out as a couple with his daughter? You need to remove her from the situation, because he sounds like he is two seconds from molesting her if he already isn't. I pray to God you are a troll
you have a different ';type'; of love for your children. One positive thing is that you have a husband who loves his kids as much as he does. Not all children have that. but maybe you two should work onyour relationship if you think there's any trouble
This is usually men who feel that their wives love the kids more than them.





Tell him you are married and want a husband who acts like one. Ignoring you is not what a husband does.
Well you're husband is a freak and don't leave him with your daughter in the house by themselves.


Best of Luck
what's wrong with that? the child should ALWAYS come first. providing for them, attention dept, etc. so it's only natural to say something like that.
sounds wierd
Your not really providing very much information (in this and your other post). I think a lot of people feel that they love their children more than their mate, it's not as unusual as you think. However, it's not something you discuss openly/freely, because it can be hurtful. It's coming from the this little person is part of me and thus a little more dear to me perspective. I read your other post and it made me wonder a few things. Like, is this your (and his) first child? Did he have opinions about a preferred gender prior to her birth? I think what your witnessing is simply a guy who's going to be wrapped around someone's finger for a long time. A lot of new dads, especially the one's who didn't think they wanted girls, have a strong reaction to having a daughter. I think the going out thing, is about him and her having daddy/daughter days (or dates). It's a nice thought for him, to imagine taking her out for a lunch and a movie/shopping (in the distant future), for him. We all make plans in our heads about the things we'd like to enjoy doing with our children from movies, to amusement parks, to having a fancy lunch/dinner. I think you need to appreciate the bond that he's trying to form with his daughter and give him some space (and trust/understanding) to create something special for them. As Debi noted, adult love is different than the love one has for a child, you can't compare the two. You also need to make a point to find some time for the two of you alone, to remind yourself (and him) of your bond and keep help your relationship strong. Remind yourselves, that the way you are together in front of her represents what she'll think about marriage and love. Seeing you being affectionate with one another is important model to represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment