Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you deal with your husband's ';work wife';?

He is constantly talking about her but she also is married. I am not the jealous type but sometimes this gets very irritating. He talks about what she does and how sweet she is. Now if I told him I had a ';work husband'; he would swear I was cheating on him. They have not crossed the line to my knowledge but how can I stop it from getting there?How do you deal with your husband's ';work wife';?
C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-EHow do you deal with your husband's ';work wife';?
tell him it bothers you.
The good part is that he's talking to you about it instead of just thinking about her but don't let her call your husband outside work or have lunchdates together. There's nothing wrong with a little healthy jealousy. Tell him you don't like it and you're sure other men would call you sweet too (no one really knows someone's true faults until they live with them).
Tell him quite frankly, that you are sick and tired of hearing about this woman 24/7. Remind him that he married you...therefore, the only woman he should be talking about that constantly is you. If you think they spend too much time together, tell him that. Tell him you'd appreciate if he'd be a good a husband to you as he acts like to her.





Personally, i wouldn't try to ';deal'; with it. If i got fed up enough with it, i might say either find another job or find another wife. I can't tell how far this goes from words on a screen though. But if it's as serious enough to say that if you were in the same situation, he'd swear you were cheating on him, i think you every right to tell him to either end this crap or you're ending it with him.





Remind him that this woman is married and if she needs a male figure in her life to be best friends with, she has one she can do that with at home.
My husband has a work wife.....she's also married





I don't have a problem with her....she's very nice.





I trust my husband....and I trust her.





For me....that's the bottom line and the end of the story.
Invite her over for dinner. Be sweet and friendly. Try to make it an 'our' friendship - not just his. That might remove a bit of the tension.
I suppose it is possible that I am a ';work wife.'; I am not married, though.





I am good friends with his wife and whenever social occasions permit it, I hang out with her and he just follows us around.





Believe it or not, people can work together and even enjoy each other's company and it has nothing to do with sex. Look for opportunities to be included and create them if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment