Friday, August 20, 2010

39 wks and 34 days pregnant and stressed out about Thanksgiving? How do you deal with husband and inlaws?

Yesterday, my doctor just swiped my membrane, if it works I can go into labor in 24-48 hours. My due date is on Nov 28th and Thanksgiving is Nov 27th. I understand how important celebrating Thanksgiving is for my husband and his family but I just don't want to have 7 people in my one bedroom inlaw apartment when I can go anytime! All the mess and the cooking and heating of food etc. plus I my dining table is only for 4 people. My husband said I won't have to lift a finger, but I'm just not that kind of person. No matter what I will be helping setting up and cleaning up. Physically this is hard for me with my tummy just ready to pop anytime and my sciatic is killing me. Now, I proposed my husband and I just drive up 1 hour to his parents house, but they are all of course worried because it's an hour drive back to my hospital if in case I go into labor. If it was just my choice I just want to stay home and not plan for any Thanksgiving celebrations or get together, but Thanksgiving is my husband and his family's most favorite holiday. Am I being selfish for just wanting to stay home? I'm fine if my husband wants go and I stay home. Any advice? 39 wks and 34 days pregnant and stressed out about Thanksgiving? How do you deal with husband and inlaws?
Poor you! Seriously I sympathize, Thanksgiving dinner at your house is stressful enough, I can not imagine having to do that pregnant and ready to go at any day. I too am like you and can not just relax and not do anything. Your husband says you won't have to lift a finger, but this reminds me of something my boyfriend would say then he would procrastinate, mess something out some how, and I'd be freaking out because the house isn't as clean as I wanted, the food wasn't ready, etc! I'm not sure if your husband is that way, but if so I sympathize!


It would be a little risky to drive an hour away to his parents house though I agree with that, and he probably doesn't want to spend Thanksgiving without you.


Just explain to your husband that the end of your pregnancy is REALLY REALLY hard, and you would love nothing more than to have a stress free last couple days of your pregnancy. No you are not being selfish, it is already a stressful time enough. I really think it would be best for you to have a relaxing Thanksgiving at home with just you and your husband. Lots of restaurants and grocery stores cater and you would literally not have to lift a finger if you did it that way. Or even cooking just for the two of you would be a lot better since you wouldn't have the worry of having everything perfect and cleaned.


Good luck and congrats on making it so far, you're almost there :)39 wks and 34 days pregnant and stressed out about Thanksgiving? How do you deal with husband and inlaws?
Think positively. If you give birth at TG, then you will save on presents and parties for the next 20 years. Go for it, give your doctor a working holiday!
No. You're feeling anxious and people need to respect that.





Congratz on your baby. My sister had my niece the day after thanksgiving in 2000.
It's not selfish at all. Talk it over with your husband though.
Just tell your husband to go and stay home. I'm sure everyone will understand why with your condition.





Although I doubt your husband will want to leave with you ready to go into labor anytime now, so I don't know how well that will go over. It can't hurt to talk about it though. Just make sure you tell him you know how important it is to him, but you just want some peace and quiet right now. I'm sure everyone will understand.





I already told everyone in both families that around Christmas, don't expect me to travel. I'm due Dec. 26th, so I'm already planning to just relax at home instead of driving all over the place to see everyone. I don't think it's selfish at all, and if anyone gets mad, screw em! lol





Good luck with everything. :)
Hi,





What is wrong with your Hubby! You are going to POP girl! LOL





I would be staying home and making him go get me a TG dinner from a diner take out!





One yr is not going to kill him, if it is so important to him I agree with you let him go and if he misses out on the birth of his child????


Hope that drum stick was worth it.





Tell him to get a grip and pick something up at a diner or Boston Market somewhere!


You are in NO condition to be going anywhere...


If you are lucky you will go in to labor tonight or tomorrow and mess it all up for him! No offense but sounds a bit selfish on his part.





Good Luck!


Again if he goes he just might miss it ALL (meaning the birth) and then you can smack him with the wish bone LOL Sorry....


If it were my hubby, he would be lucky I couldn't run after his butt. rotfl
Stouffer's makes a good Turkey Tetrazini, Banquet makes a Turkey meal, or go to the parent' house, 1 hour away, if you go into labor, you can leave there and still make it back to your hospital with about 23 hours of labor left before you deliver. If it's your first one, you'll have plenty of time. Cancel it at your house. No stress, no mess. Forgiveness usually abounds. You can blame it on hormones,
You are right to feel this way! You will need all the rest you can get before going in labor --it's quite exausting! But they are also right : you should not be driving long distances like that when you are about to pop!


You are not being selfish at all.You should definatly stay home. Make this clear with your husband. Good luck and congrats on the baby to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment