Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to deal with my husband being in the army and being stationed in germany?

I am going through some really rough times right now and feel very along but i am still working towards getting to germany with my husband but my step mom just passed and i feel like my dad really needs me so i am second guessing what i should do?? do i still go be with my husband that i miss dearly or do i stay where i am and take care of my dad??How to deal with my husband being in the army and being stationed in germany?
I'm so sorry! It sounds like you really have a lot on your plate right now. I wouldn't leave immediately, but a month with your dad will make a world of difference. He needs to at least get past the initial phase following his wife's death. Not that he's going to be in a fabulous place in a month, but he won't be shell shocked either like he probably is right now.





Do you have brothers or sisters who will help? If not, maybe even making sure that some other relative or friends will stay in contact with your dad on a regular basis. I know it will be harder to do from Germany, but maybe you could even check in with these people regularly (besides calling your dad frequently) - and see how things are going. If you only call him, he might just tell you what you want to hear. Be there for him now. Get things organized so that you can help from a distance. Stay in frequent contact with Dad - and go be with your husband.How to deal with my husband being in the army and being stationed in germany?
No matter how hard this may be, its your husband you need to be with right now. Never put your family last, your father will be fine he is a grown man and will get along just fine without you, he just needs to grieve her lost and that no one can help him with.
At least spend some grieving time with your dad.


Request some help from other family members, they can also be a support system for him.


Sometimes when you are hurting over a great loss like this, it really doesnt matter who is around
Ask your Dad this question, Honey, I bet I know what he'll say, good luck dear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment