Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to deal with husband's jealousy?

Do men ever really get over being jealous of their wives? I have developed this bad habit of staying up through the night. I have worked a lot of overnight shifts, so my sleeping habits are all out of wack. I have also spent the past several months getting my bachelor's degree, and have spent many late nights working on assignments. I am then so hopped up, I can't get to sleep. I know I need to work on getting to bed at proper hours and cutting my caffeine intake. I don't go anywhere, rather I stay home and write (I have always done this, and it has always driven my husband nuts, before we even got a computer and the internet). He is under the impression I am trying to met men over the internet. What I do is discuss football games, and political issues on blogs. What is really irritating is he will sometimes look over my shoulder...one time I had called one person Lover Lips --- being really sarcastic (I don't even know if the person I was responding to was male or female), and he flipped. I can try to solve my bad habits of not sleeping (so if anyone has any good tips, please shoot away). But I really find his jealousy ridiculous. This has always been an issue, and I'm really getting to the point that I am no longer assuring him that there is no one else and instead telling him to man up. I have even responded to his criticism that I have never initiated sex, but he has a real bad back from years of lifting heavy appliances. I believe him when he says his back is sore. But exactly how much of this is on him and how much of it is on me? I am training with a guy on a new job, and he had to make a wisecrack on how I want him. If any man gets any bad impression from me in my husbands sweats and no makeup, then he is really hard up. I don't flirt with men online or out shopping. I have been over the bar scene for years. He's had terrible relationships before me, and his mother basically cheated on his father with his best friend. My parents are divorced, so I am determined not to go that route.How to deal with husband's jealousy?
With what you're telling me he has no reason at all to be jelous. I can understand if he didn't see the sarcasm in ';lover lips'; but even so that is no reason to freak. It's a reason to wonder what is going on, yes, but not freak.


Jelous people often have low self esteem. Try to think about that. I know you see yourself as a victim but he's a victim too. Still explain to him that he has no reason to be jelous for such small things. If he saw you kissing someone else or hanging out with someone else or staying the night at some guys place then it would be different. But this is no reason at all to be upset about. You have done nothing wrong.How to deal with husband's jealousy?
Tell him his jealousy is his ******* problem to deal with, it's not you, he'd have the same problem with ANY girl he's with cos he's insecure about them leaving him. Deal with it or you very probably WILL end up leaving him.
You can't deal with it. It's his issue. Either he changes it or he doesn't. You can only stay or go.
maybe you guys can try some consuling my hubby is the jealous type so i know were your coming from but we tried therapy an so far so good. GOOD LUCK!
Honestly, i'm kind of the jealous type aswell.. but that's really extreme lol.. Try and get him involved in what you're doing so that he knows it's nothing he needs to worry about maybe? I don't know thats the best suggestion I could give to this situation lol
Carmen ... that was almost a novel .... I could tell you the secret to defeating your insomnia ... but then I'd miss the chance not to have you flirt with me ...lol


Oh NO ... now your husband will be looking for me .... maybe we can fool him and pretend to be asleep???


I had a book on insomnia ... but I could never finish it ... kept falling asleep ....





As a serious answer ... I did exactly the same thing as you've done ... obtained a degree at a mature age (that was mature age not mental state :) ) and all by correspondence so I know how it can screw up your body clock .... a relationship and even more importantly a marriage must be built on trust ... my wife has a demanding job and will often use the chatrooms and such to unwind ... we both sleep pretty easy while the other one is up late surfing the net ... it's all based on trust.


How long have you guys been together? (for us it's 15yrs)


If you can put up with it ... it will get easier
  • spyware remove
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment