Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to deal with husband's job and traveling?

My husband and I are newly weds. We just got married a week ago. About 3 weeks ago we found out I was pregnant so we decided to speed things up. Anyways, he has this job, he travels a lot and is on call 24/7. When him and I first hooked up we were inseparable. We had some complications and separated. To make a long story short, we fixed things and now I live with him 3 hours away from my family. Lately, things have been hard with him gone. Any good coping techniques or any tips how I can feel not so lonely????How to deal with husband's job and traveling?
Do you have some younger siblings who might come stay with you during hubbys time away? Or perhaps you can go 'home' to your folks when he is gone. If those aren't options for you then maybe you can find some fri3ends where you live. The internet is a great resource for finding 'groups' such as expecting or stay at home mom..etc etc...do a google search.How to deal with husband's job and traveling?
Things have changed pretty abruptly in your life. New home, new town, new husband and new baby. Your hormones are going to start going a little wacko now too being pregnant. The next time he goes away for a few days/week on business, how about asking a family member or friend to come visit and stay with you. They can help you get adjusted to your new home and you can go out together and get to know your new town, maybe make some local friends. I would concentrate on the baby to take my mind off missing my husband. You need to find a new doctor in your area. Start reading up on pregnancy - what to expect over the next 9 months. Read up on how to take care of your baby. There is a lot to know. This will help you be prepared when the baby is born. What about your new home? Is there room for a nursery? Talk to hubby and see if you can turn a spare room into the baby's room. Painting and fixing up a room can be fun. I hope some of this helps.
  • spyware remove
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment