Friday, August 20, 2010

Has anyone else's husband/partner been nervous about having a girl? Advice please!?

My husband and I found out last night that our first baby is a little girl (yay!). I am thrilled, and my husband is happy that we are having a healthy baby, but we both felt like it was a boy. My husband is now very quiet and nervous--like he's in a state of shock. He says he is happy but just ';doesnt know anything about how to raise a little girl.'; Has anyone else been in a similar situation, and how did your husband deal with it? Thank you!Has anyone else's husband/partner been nervous about having a girl? Advice please!?
my husband was in despair for a day or two. lol we were also sure we were having a boy. but once it set in...he got very excited. and now Josie has him wrapped around her finger...! i am now pregnant with baby #2 and he is worried that it might be a boy this time...because now that hes had a girl, he doesnt know how he will handle a boy! lol no matter what you have, your husband will quickly adjust...especially once they see that little face.Has anyone else's husband/partner been nervous about having a girl? Advice please!?
My husband wanted a boy. As a matter of fact he was sure it was a boy, I was sure it was a girl. So we went to the doctor and found out it was a girl. We both were excited but he told me that raising a girl would be harder for him and that boys are ';easier'; and he didn't want to have to deal with the issue of dating. I think it's normal for guys to want a little boy. But when that girl comes, she's going to have your husband wrapped around her little finger. I know my husband will be.
Yes, i had the same thing. I think men idealise having a son and what it would mean to them





You will all be fine as soon as she comes along. He will fall madly in love with her and these nerves will be completely forgotten!





If it helps, i felt the same as your husband when i thought i was having aboy! 'OMG, there's no boys in our family, i know nothing about raising boys!'





Lol





don't worry, you will be fine


x
Once the baby is born, it should come naturally to him, regardless of the sex of the baby.





Tell him to take it easy. When the baby comes, he'll know what to do, and even then he'll have some time before the baby is a real 'girly girl'... he has time.





Remind him also, that a little girl's relationship with her daddy is one of the most important she'll have throughout her lifetime. Remind him this, and remind him that he can't drop the ball on his first-born...
I won't find out what I am having for another two weeks. But my husband doesn't want a girl, he thinks the way the world is right now, all little girls are sluts, expecially after watching the movie Towelheads. I am nervous about having a little girl, but I am sure he will get over it, once she is here.
Hey you two stop there and don't predict and be nervous


After the baby is born you wont be able to separate yourself from her from a minute


You will have a feeling that she is your part part of your life and you brought her in this world





So just enjoy your time things will be wonderful at the end


As you will think so you will get





Enjoy!!!
raising to the teens is the same then things change a little. he was probably looking forward to father/son activities e.g. football and baseball. he will just have to switch to soccer and softball. i was the first child and a girl and beside my father i learned to fish, change tires and fix cars (saves on mechanic bills). there is no limit on what he can teach his child whether it be a son or daughter. and daughters can be as tough as sons..i have one of each.
My husband knew even less about babies than I did! Our first was a girl, and she's had him wrapped around her finger from the day she was born. I predict five minutes, tops, before he's in love!
Well my husband wanted a girl at first but it was a boy %26amp; now he still really wants a girl %26amp; well we dont know yet but i think he would be more nervous then he himself thinks
i'm 26 weeks with a girl. and my hubby is so excited at the same time he started extra savings %26amp; buying properties to secure the lil girls life.

No comments:

Post a Comment