Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to deal with husband playing mind games?

Read


The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to Recognize it and How to Respond


by Patricia Evans (Author)





It is available at amazon.com.





Good luck to you.How to deal with husband playing mind games?
Mind games easily translate into emmotional/mental abuse. And it is as detrimental as physical abuse. Don't get involved in the game...If you do, he then has the upper hand and can control and manipulate you. He has then reeled you in and its a ';Let the games begin'; cycle that is hard to see how far into the ';vortex'; you are when you really need to be getting out. No man or woman should impose this kinda control over another, especially to their wife/husband/children/ and other loved ones. Put your foot down...and insist this behavoir stops immediately. It's highly disfunctional. If he thinks your just being ';crazy';... and doesn't see the need to adjust this behavior, you need to decide if you are really wanting to go forward in this relationship as abuse grows as the ';power grip'; keeps hold of you. Not encourageing a quick divorce in any way...But, attempts to hopefully have him see and change this way of acting NOW before it gets out of hand. Don't ever easily slide into the role of ';victim'; or an enabler. Its a dangerous place to be. And you will suffer greatly over the long term. I wish you the best. Take care.How to deal with husband playing mind games?
Research and understand the 4 personality profiles and act accordingly. Anytime you react to the mind games this gives the person the OK that his actions are acceptable. Check out passive/aggressive personality.





What was his childhood like....this is the foundation of his life.





The problem with relationships is sometimes you don't recognize the problem for years. Most things can be fixed when two people love each other. Keep the egos at bay!
Ever think it could just be YOU looking too much into things.





For example - I am a guy. In my relationship I asked my girl if she wanted to go to the pool, she said yes.





Then while we were getting ready I asked if she wanted to start to go to the gym with me to work out.





She got all upset and was like...YOU THINK I AM FAT, you asked because you saw me naked ( getting changed into bathing suit ) and you are playing a mind game with me! YOU THINK I AM FAT!








When really those 2 questions were NOT related at all, I had actually been going to ask her if she wanted to go to the gym with me all day, but it just came up then.








That is just an example. Sometimes girls look too much into things we say or do.
Just don't play.... tell him you know he's doing it and he is out of luck because you refuse to waste your time playing head games. You have to back your mouth though and follow through.. if it is that bad..leave for a bit and let him see you are serious.
I wouldn't allow him to get away with it. If you know he's playing mind games about something, then I would put my foot down and do everything to make yourself very clear %26amp; stick up for yourself with whatever is going on.
Don't play them back, don't get engaged, it'll get cut off and he won't be able to do it to you.
I play back. Then, when he gets upset I say, ';well I learned it from you.'; hehe =)
Maybe your always trying to control him, so he is going on the defensive.
Don't pay any attention to him.





Imagine the sound of one hand clapping....
tell him to stop and if he won't leave for a while..
play w him n win over him
don't get mad...get EVEN....

No comments:

Post a Comment