Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to deal with husband's jealousy...?

My best friend, who happens to be a male, is moving back to the city (where I live) and my husband is insanely jealous of him.





It drives me nuts. My husband KNOWS that I love him and I would never do anything to jeopardize our relationship. It's like he seems to think if I have male friends it's some form of cheating or that the guy will fall in love with me and take me away from him.





He constantly says to me ';well how would you feel if I had a hot girl friend';. And, honestly, that wouldn't bother me because I trust him...he can be friends with whomever he wants.





To make matters even more complex, my best friend happens to be a homosexual. So I don't even have the bits and pieces he'd desire. So when I say there is nothing there more than a loving friendship I really mean it.





How can I get my husband to stop being so jealous of my male friends?How to deal with husband's jealousy...?
Obviously your husband a problem regarding his insecurity and like you said, what makes it worse is the fact that your friend is homosexual. In a weird sort of way, you could look at that as if your friend was a girl - if you know what I mean. It obviously depends on how much your friend means to you and in principle I would be tempted not to give up my friend.


He doesn't trust you.... that's the bottom line of it all I'm afraid. Does your husband know your friend? Maybe that would help him as if he knew him he would realise there is nothing to be jealous of. As with the other male friends - well, he has to grow up and trust your love for him. It would make me think, that if he thinks you would go off with a male 'friend' then he might go off with a female 'friend'. Takes one to know one - you know what I mean?How to deal with husband's jealousy...?
the first thing to a sound relationship is trust of the other half.......... if you cant trust the person you are with then you are simply in the wrong place, besides if your husband really loved you , then he would trust in your soul commitment to him and not worry....right?
It's because he cares so much and doesn't want to lose you..there is something sweet in that, even though it's frustrating. maybe you should all spend more time together so he can see that this friend is no threat...maybe if he sees it himself it may be easier to accept.
He is right on his way.





You have write that 'My husband KNOWS that I love him...'





how you can love anybody, if your husband is already there?
well just sit down wit ur husband and hav a heart-2-heart tlk. let him no that if u trust him wit havin girl friends then he should trust u. if u look on the bright side.. apparently ur husband rly cares about u n ur relationship.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment