Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I deal with my husband and sons disease?

My husband and son both have been diagnosed with huntingtons disease within just a year apart from each other. My husband is starting to lose everything that I love about him and I don't know what to do, I feel that I have to be mom and dad to our two children. I love my husband and would never leave him I guess I am just not sure what to feel. Am I being selfish? Should I not have these feelings of loneliness?How do I deal with my husband and sons disease?
sorry to hear about the diagnosis. i do not know much about it, but it is obviously something they will have to live with. you have a right to your feelings, never deny how you feel. marriage vows say for better or worse...so be as supportive as you can because if the shoe were on the other foot, you would want your hubby to remain there for you. i pray for your strength as it is not easy watching a love one be affected by a disease.How do I deal with my husband and sons disease?
I am sorry to hear this.This is going to be very tough on you Physically and mentally.Please don't be afraid to ask for help from your family and friends,.You are going to need a few hrs to your self at least once a week to regroup your thought and relax.There may come a time when there is no way you can keep them at home,I know this will be the hardest decision you have ever made But you might have to put them in a Nursing facility.There is many good ones out there you just have to visit them and research them.I wish you the best of luck for you and your family.
I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for the entire family. You're not being selfish. In cases like this, there is obviously stress placed on those directly affected by a disease, as well as on those who care for %26amp; love them. You should look into support groups (ask the doctor, do an internet search); I am sure that there are specific support groups for those caring for loved ones with Huntington's disease. I wish you and your family well.
no - u have a right to feel the way you do.. you have the right to be overwhelmed, lonely, sad, upset, angry, and hurt... you can feel anything you want! and its all acceptable... my heart goes out to you in this difficult time... but you also know that you need to try your best to stay solid and keep your head on... when things get tough, slow down, ask for help.. dont be afraid! and pray... god never gives us anything we cant handle... you will be ok...
hugs 2 you....hun its probably common...try to find someone to talk to...heck it may be easy to talk to a stranger in a support room/board or somone who will listen to you like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment