Monday, August 16, 2010

How to deal with husbands cousin?

My husband has a cousin who is in need for (any) male attention. When she comes over to our house she will be all over my husband and will try to keep me out of conversations and keeps on making stupid comments about my appearance and that of my children. My husband doesn't see it and thinks i'm over reacting. What should I do, how do I deal with her and my husband?How to deal with husbands cousin?
My husband has an aunt who was like this toward him... ick. Thankfully, he eventually saw what she was doing and he decided to stop being around her. I was afraid to speak up in front of her but that's exactly what I needed to do. Have you talked to her about it? When she starts leaving you out of conversations, or when she makes comments, tell her right then that it's inappropriate. See what she says.How to deal with husbands cousin?
Confront her about the remarks on the part of your children. If she avoids the topic, then go to your husband. If he says he doesn't see it, then ask her to leave the next time she's over and makes one of those comments. It's a precarious situation, where you could hurt feelings, but if she's bringing in your children to the matter, that's inappropriate. Tell her that you think so, and maybe she'll back off.





I'd personally punch someone who mouthed off about my kids, but you probably shouldn't do that.
Tell both of them that she can forget coming over to your house until she learns to respect you and your children and if he doesn't like it, tough. You will not be disrespected and insulted in your own house.
Oooh, that's not cool. Well, if I were you I would confront your sister and tell her to stay the hell away from your husband and find her own man.
You should just ask her ';what are you doing to my husband?'; and maybe she will realize that she's being rude.
Tell him he has a choice his wife and children or the cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment