Monday, August 16, 2010

How to deal with husband being a jerk on my anniversary?

My husband is a great guy about 98% of the time, he is a good father, good provider, great lover, great husband, etc. But there are a few things I hate:


When he is grumpy, sometimes it seems for no reason at all


he is ALWAYS mean and moody around my family. I barely see them because of him now. I know they are difficult but they are nice and do nice things for us for instance took the kids for us the whole weekend for free, and did he even say thank you? No, he grabbed them and didn't look any of them in the eye and was like sitting in the car waiting for me (jerk?) I mean I know he's tired and they talk alot but can't a NORMAL person say something like ';I'm tired, thanks so much for taking the kids, I'm gonna take off and catch up with you when I'm not so tired?';





and,,,holidays he acts like a jerk too. So we had an excellent anniversary weekend. Now today it's our anniversary and he's being a jerk, maybe because he already gave me a nice weekend and doesn't have to be nice 2day?How to deal with husband being a jerk on my anniversary?
If he's great 98% of the time, let go of the times when he's not so great... I'm sure you're no angel either. If being moody is his weakness - accept it and forgive him. I wonder how many other women can say that their husband is a GREAT guy 98% of the time? No one can be perfect 100%.How to deal with husband being a jerk on my anniversary?
Well maybe he just feels awkward around your family because since he is the man who married you there's a lot expected of him. Try talking to him about it the next time it happens. If worst comes to worst then try bribing him. And if that doesn't work make him sleep on the sofa for a few nights!
Treat him the way he needs to be treated and he'll change how he treats you.


Read ';The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands'; so you know how to get your man to behave the way you want him to,
talk to him
I can empathize with you when your husband acts like a jerk! But if you've got a man that's 98% great, do you know how many of us would swap with you in a heartbeat???


What kind of family does HE have? That might provide a clue as to his actions around your family. He may have some emotional issues to deal with that stem from the family he came from. And generally speaking, men are not as talkative as women. The fact that he's acting out on your anniversary may be another clue. Does he find it hard to show emotion (except during lovemaking)? Is he uncomfortable with the emotional aspect of holidays?


Otherwise, you seem to have found a GEM!!
yes, i recommend the book that violet pearl said. i read it and one page changed my marriage. perhaps he feels you side with your family instead of supporting him as his wife? im not saying he wasnt being jerky, but theres always 3 sides to a story. are you married to your family, or him? and what did you do for HIM on your anniversary day? just a thought. good luck, and love your husband, he is the person you chose to marry, and im sure there were many reasons for that
Some guys are so self centered that they do not care to be polite, they do not care to have manners, and they do not care about what is important to anyone other than themselves. I have a feeling you know of something that is important to him. Maybe next time he wants that, you can act like he does. Maybe it'll get through to him, but it's doubtful. He sounds stuck in his ways.
Sadly, I read a little of myself into your predicament - I am not a huge fan of my in-laws and sometimes have approached the status you describe.





There really is no excuse, though obviously we don't have his side of the story.





I agree with some of the others. Calmly but firmly state your dissapointment in his behavior, then focus your energies elsewhere and be happy with the 98% great guy.





Good luck





mg
I was in a marriage like that and now divorced..It sucked now i am supa dupa happier with my kiddies and no man and his drama!!


But sometimes we act crappy instead of stating the simple facts..I am guilty too..


~peAce ~sista
If giving flowers isn't something he's done in the past then I doubt it will happen with out a little more hints from you. As far as your family goes , you don't have to take him with you when you go pick up the kids or you want to visit. It's how you want to take the bad with the good. Or if you find it over bearing and out weighing the good, it's time to talk to him about a marriage counselor . By the way Happy Anniversary and I hope you have a life time of them together.
hunny make love


thats the only key no matter what he will always like an orgy
Hi. Some people are biogenically ';disagreeable;'; sounds like you got yourself someone with a ';trait'; issue. Hmmm...Either that, or he has a really stressful job, and simply needs a restorative ';niche,'; getting it by withdrawing...





You love him, and he's good to you and the kids, right? Forget the rest! Is it that important/can't you simply compensate/keep him away from such situations?





Best of luck.
If he's really a great guy 98% of the time, focus on that to get you through the few rough times. Family is very important, but how many women do you know that are lucky enough to have a man that's great 98% of the time?? I dont think I know any!!

No comments:

Post a Comment