Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How to deal with husband getting deployed?

my husband is getting deployed and i have no idea how to deal with it. im so depressed and scared for him. not to mention we have problems so i dont even know what to think or what to do. how do i deal with this?? and how does it go. will i get to talk to him often etc? should i wait for him? we've been seperated and started talking again but sometimes i dont know if maybe he has someone else waiting for him. i dont know. i dont know what to even thinkHow to deal with husband getting deployed?
I know that this is a hard time for you, and with him leaving you have the feelings and situations that you are going through.





This time it is very hard to dell with, and it will be for both of you.





try not to fight.





Tell him you love him, and try and spend time with him.. (and if you have kids spend time with them to, like togeather.)





Have walks in the park, lay in the bed..





(try and advord some sexualness, but some is healthy.





Let him know you love him..





it isn't a good idea to ask him if he has someone else waiting..





If you love him..wait for him..





talk to him when ever he can call you..





He can talk to you ever so often but i do belive he is limited to how much time..and when..





if you have a religion pray for him and your family..


but please understand that Some things God does is for a reason...





God Bless you. and your family..








Good Luck..





Try not to give up..





i know it is hard..


Keep trying.





You are strong.


remeber that. How to deal with husband getting deployed?
Ask my wife she'll tell you, 5 times already and looking at a 6th in Afganistan.


The base will have a wives group, go join immediately.


Go live with family for the duration of deployment (you need their support and he wont have to worry about you)


Make sure you ID card is current and up to date


If he get the chance hook up on myspace via IM


Send him love letters daily.


GL
Capcajun sounds like he has the perfect solution as did most of the others above





Thank you Capcajun for your service and to you-although I am sure that that is a sore point right now





Our hearts and prayers are with not only your husband and our troops but to the beautiful wives and precious children that they leave behind





You are all truly special and we are all truly grateful
you need to hook up with a support group. I believe there are groups in every unit. There are other wives in the same situation. Being a military wife is not an easy job. As far as your relationship with him, you will just have to put everything on hold..





Good luck to you.
find some girl friends to hang with that they're husbands are also getting depolyed.watch chic flics{with no fighting} and ice cream.every thing will be better,i promise...
I commend you for being so strong. I suggest finding a support group for military wives. Also read this:





Military Wives' 21 Best Tips for Dealing with a Spouse's Deployment





How do military wives shoulder the enormous responsibility and inevitable sacrifices that come with being a military wife? Here they share their 21 best tips:





1. Hang tough. ';I'm stronger now when he's gone, and I don't focus as much on being left here, though I do have bouts of loneliness and frustration. I try to keep myself busy. Writing him emails helps. I get to yell at him even though he's not here.'; --gargoyle89





2. Keep busy. ';The very first night he's gone, I'm out of my mind with sadness. I just cry all night and hug something that smells like him. After the first week or so, I start getting busy with my own thing. A typical day with my husband gone: Go to work, go to school, go to the gym and work on my Website until bedtime. I also set goals for finishing things, saving money and getting in shape.'; --kelnelmo





3. Call on your friends. ';At first it's a little taste of freedom since we don't have any kids. It was nice having the house all to myself without having him flip through the channels on the TV or other silly stuff. But by that first night I was very lonely. I had some really terrific friends and they were always there for the rough patches.'; --flyp3navy





4. Remember your promise. ';The most common emotion is one of being overwhelmed. With the kids and the house and no help and no relief in sight, it's often really hard to keep from being completely overwhelmed. But I'm a military wife. I knew the job description when I married him, so I feel like I don't have any right to complain.'; --hollydawner





5. Throw a pity party. ';I always experience loneliness. I deal with my feelings by giving myself permission to be 'depressed.' I take off from work the first day he is gone. I stay in my pajamas all day, eat microwavable food or order in, watch daytime TV and stay up as late as I want. The next morning I get up and get back to my normal routine.'; --armylola





6. Be prepared. ';Get as much stuff taken care of ahead of time, so you are as prepared as you can be. Learn to ask for help (I really have trouble with this one). Line up some visits to family and friends to help pass time and give you something to look forward to.'; --seamour





7. Face your feelings. ';Take things one day at a time. And let all your emotions run their course. You are going to have good days, and you are going to have horrible days. When you feel like crying, cry. When you feel like you are on top of the world, you are. When the going gets tough, look for something humorous about what is making life hard at the time. Laughter is a wonderful medicine.'; --izzyandalexsmommy





8. Be realistic. ';Don't set impossible goals. Remember that nothing is set in stone. Six months can turn to seven, and he misses you as much as you miss him.'; --pandabr74





9. Accept a helping hand. ';I learned to accept and, yes, sometimes even ask for help from others. Find a support group, be it online (my option) or a family support group (I would if there was one nearby).'; --seamour





10. Do not drown your sorrows. ';I would go out with friends (fellow deployment widows) on Friday nights and have a few beers, and then on Sundays I'd try to figure out why I couldn't stop crying! I then remembered that alcohol is a depressant, and it wasn't conducive to me being 'happy girl.' So, I became more careful about the amount of alcohol I consumed.'; --flyp3navy





11. Stay healthy. ';Eat right. It's tempting, while your husband is gone, to snack and not eat well, but you need the best nutrition to help keep your mental state on an even keel.'; --hollydawner





12. Trust each other. ';My husband and I have not always had the perfect marriage, and we've had some serious trust issues in the past. The trust issue presents a huge problem with deployments, and is one of the big sources of pre-deployment arguments. But I just try to keep my husband informed at all times, and he tries to express his fears reasonably instead of with snide remarks. As a result, we often have excellent communication during deployments and always make it through okay.'; --hollydawner





13. Find yourself. ';You have to have a life aside from your husband. You just have to, whether it's kids, a job, friends or a hobby. I have actually known a few women who relied on their husbands completely for their happiness. That won't work. You have to have something to do, something you care about, and try to stay busy!'; --kelnelmo





14. Keep your routine. ';I have learned not to get upset over the pending deployments. There is really nothing I can do to stop them. I try to keep home life as normal as I can for my children.'; --countryvic





15. Stay strong. ';I'm a pretty independent woman, so that's what has helped me -- I believe -- get through deployments. I still send my man off with lots of love and smiles and re

No comments:

Post a Comment