Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How to deal with husband-father being a over the road trucker?

My husband will be starting over the road trucking where he will be out for weeks and then home for a couple days. We have a 5 month old son and am very worried how this will affect all of us. Any suggestions on how to keep in contact and are any of you dealing with this? The main reason he is doing this is so we will have enough money to move and get him a better job so we wil be home every night. I work full time.ThanksHow to deal with husband-father being a over the road trucker?
You both need the following:





1) Cell phones to call each other daily


2) E-mail access to write each other daily


3) A whole lotta love so that neither of you ';stray'; from the relationshipHow to deal with husband-father being a over the road trucker?
I believe he has a good reason to do this, better life. I know it will be hard on both of you but remember the outcome is good. I never been in this situation myself but I've seen few family like yours sacrifice few things and in the end got excellent results. My sister moved to a new city( husband and infant ), other sister to new country, now both having a good life.


I know it's not road truck but same category... hop i helped a bit and all the best...
i won't lie it's not easy. I married a 4th generation driver and it takes a support system, family, friends %26amp; a good sitter. A good cell phone plan and a picture phone(which my hubby likes) he won't have to miss out on everything, i send a lot of pics of what the kids do during the day. You will most certanly need a hobby for at night and on the weekends(i like to read it passes the time pretty quick) or you will go crazy. you ever need to talk or have more ?s e-mail me anytime. I hope i helped a little. Hang in there it's not as bad as it seems now it just takes some getting use to it.
First off I'll start out by saying that i respect your husband since he is going out and doing his best to take care of you two. So he deserves a big hug there, i do not go out of town for more than 2 nights at a time but when i do leave my wife know that i out trying to make a few more bucks to take care of her better and she sends me off with a big hug and believe it or not that make the long miles and driving throw the night worth it. And when i get back home she even thanks me and try to make life easy for me, i hear about a lot of guy out there that feel like there are busting there back side with out a bit of thanks, i feel bad for them.





it sound like you guy have a plane to just do your best and you get throw this. keep in mind he going to get a better job to stay home more.


when i am a way we call a lot so get free mobile to mobile.





Best of luck, be kind to each other and happy trucking
let your son start riding with his dad, my grandaddy drives and my daddy drives and my moma dont really care as long as you dont make them mad
I have been doing this 14years. It can be hard at times, like if I am sick and the kids are sick I have no time to rest and get better...cause 9-5 husbands are home at night to give them a break. You definatley need to be an independant person it's harder to rely on other people to pick up your slack (other than your husband) My friend got so used to her husband on the road and not sleeping in the same bed, he has his own bed... she says it's no big deal ';your just sleeping'; but they are very happy and they both like things the way they are... You have to ask yourself and tell yourself that you are a strong woman and you can handle it... or you will struggle %26amp; have problems. It's for the best and their are many other women who do it... think of the women who's husband are in Iraq... I feel worse for them!
  • Fashion Jewelry Necklace
  • hair do
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment