Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How do you deal with husband's addiction for Online Gaming ?

I am a Mom with 2 children and I work from home and take care of everything. When my husband come back from work he relax a little bit then he start to play Counter Strick which is an Online games for hours and hours (sometime he sleep at 2 pm). I think he is addicted because he talks about the game all the time and when he did not play he is very nervous. I can not talk to him when he plays because he is too focus in his game. However, when he plays, you can see him smiling and loughing etc. and I feel that he spent most of his time playing with stranger then talking with me and our children.


I do not know what to do to convince him that he is addicted and what to do to resolve what I think is a problem for our couple and little family. Please Help !! Thanks for all of you.How do you deal with husband's addiction for Online Gaming ?
Sweetie I have been there!!!


My husband and I both played MMORPG games, Everquest and World of Warcraft, however I knew the difference between play time and work time. I understand what you say about not being able to talk to him while he is playing and ignoring the children while playing with perfect strangers. The situation got a little more complicated when I turned to the game to find the attention that my hubby wa no longer giving me, and I made a big mistake...I started chatting with a young man and things got crazy. Well for us that brought the gaming to a head, we both quit playing and are now so much happier, instead of playing on the computer all night, we go see movies and spend time with each other.


For you I would suggest having a long talk with him, and try to get him to understand that while it is relaxing for him, you could use some attention and the kids are suffering because of this addiction (which yes it can become an addiction). Hopefully your husband will be understanding, and see the error of his ways. If that doesn't work go into the programs folder and remove the program from the computer, and throw away the disks!!!! It may be harsh and it may start an argument, but it will work!How do you deal with husband's addiction for Online Gaming ?
Hey i do not know the answer to this question but do tell me if u find any feasible and fool proof solution to his addiction. iam suffering from the same. thx, anyways
I always say that love is about understanding, He needs to understand that the way you relieve stress is through being with family and watching chik fliks. You need to understand that the way he relievs his stress is through Physical hands on stimulation. Here is my advise when the kids go to bed (as early as possible) then that is your time with him. Go put on a nice scent, a nice night and just see which one wins (your enchantment or his silly little game). I am not mixing words here you need to fulfill his fantasia more than that game ever could. I know it is a stretch but 4 or 5 times in any given week and sporadically. You will soon find him doing the dinner dishes and helping thet kids get ready for bed because he wants you guessed it YOU.
THERE ARE MEETINGS HE CAN ATTEND. MY FRIENDS HUSBAND HAD A HUGE GAMBLING ADDICTION AND HE HAS BEEN ATTENDING THESE MEETINGS AND HE IS TOTALLY CLEAN NOW. IT IS CALL GAMBLERS ANONYMOUS. CHECK YOUR LOCAL AREA.
Well you could ummm sabotage his computer (loosen the hard drive cable or something inside the case). You could have the internet connection turned off. Hack into his game and do something illegal so he gets banned.





Oh wait, that's if you don't want a husband anymore. ;-)





I would suggest telling him that he needs to spend more time with the kids and limit his gaming. See if he can limit himself to just after the kids are in bed, or just on weekends or something like that.





If that doesn't work, then well... I gave you some other ideas. ;-)
I usually don't answere questions when there are already so many good responses but the truth is my marriage ended because of DOD, ok there were other isssues but when you send the kids to your moms, and greet him butt naked on the kitchen counter and all he does is kiss you then log on there is an addiction. Addictions of any kind are hard to treat without therapy. We tried talking. I tried yelling. I even compromised by saying so many hours a night. The kids even tried talking to him... that was the closest we got to recovery. Nothing worked. I tried getting rid of the computer then he just didn't come home from work or he would go play at a friends house. I even tried playing with him. We became disconected and eventually I became suicidal. Great feelings to have while raising 2 kids huh? That game ruined everything we had. And it wasn't po rn it wasn't sex, it wasn't another woman. It was DOD, a slightly different version of counter strike... less hackers, more maps. You want to convince him all I can really offer is my own story, share it with him if you want. If he doesn't believe my story have him talk to the members of the former Superclan about RebelCwby, about his frequency. He has his own clan and server called the nightclub now. And I have a new husband and have never been happier. Ask your husband, is that stupid game worth everything. To my kids father it was. Good luck, hopefully your man loves you more than mine did.
He needs help. It is the same as when you have children addicted to computer games, they are addicted to the adrenalin rush.It's also easier to sit at a computer than interact with other humans.... You need to sit down and make the same kind of rules as you would with a kid. It probably will be easier for him to hear this from a stranger, so speak to your clergyman and ask if he/she will counsel your husband. Maybe he will listen then and realize he has a gaming problem. Good luck.
Call your internet provider and cancel service.
Tell him up front that you have a problem with that.
divorce! my x was addicted to the internet in general, wanted me to believe it was just about ';playing a game';. until i out some spyware on there and bam!.. he was caught!
seduce him
heres an idea genius break the disc smash the comp and than just to make sure he doesnt have another copy break the case than when he comes home tell him ur kids did it
If none of the other suggestions and advice works, DIVORCE!
call the gambles anonmous no in your phone book they have a group for wives or partners of the addicted person for support advice etc. Get advice from them who have lived it not us.





Breaking the disc is only going to make him get more. Ask my first husband was a professional gambler who lost our house from under us, i know the pain you are coming from. I wouldn't do anything at all for him like make tea, clean his clothes. etc. make him see all that you do and get him to do his own share. GET HELP FOR YOURSELF QUICK%26gt;





Take care I will be thinking of you.
YOU DON'T DEAL WITH IT, HE DOES! SO GET RID OF HIS STUPID BUTT UNTIL HE DOES!
get rid of the computer if he cant have it there he cant go on. best way blow it up so then he cant get mad with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment