Monday, August 16, 2010

How have u delt with ur wife/girlfriend having a miscarrage?or how did ur b/f /husband deal with it?

I have been with my b/f for 3 months last month i had a miscarrage i've had a really hard time dealing with it but also my b/f never wanted to talk about it we live 2 hours away from eachother and only see eachother ever 2-3 weeks





last night he finally said the whole thing scared him he didn't want to talk about it cuz he didn't want it to hurt me anymore and that he knew being far away only made it worse and i would of had to go thru the whole pg only with him there maybe 10 times in 9 months and he didn't find that fair..


please share ur experiances with this yes in case u are wondering i got pregnant the first night we were together and i know i'mgonna get protect urself but i was on the pillHow have u delt with ur wife/girlfriend having a miscarrage?or how did ur b/f /husband deal with it?
My husband was quiet the whole time. To me it seemed like he didn't even care, he wasn't emotional about it at all. And when I asked him about it, he told me that guys deal with stuff like that differently than girls. Which is true. For us women, its real for us the moment we find out we are pregnant, and for some guys, it doesn't become real until they either hear a heart beat, see the baby on the ultrasound, or even until they hold their baby in their arms. I'm sure he's hurting, he just shows it different than you.How have u delt with ur wife/girlfriend having a miscarrage?or how did ur b/f /husband deal with it?
Well you really should think about the distance in the relationship. Miscarriages are always hard to handle. mine broke my heart and i started doin things that i should have... It is even harder when you have to go threw it feelin alone..I didnt have anyone to talk to ... but its hard to talk about but it really does make you feel better... and it may make your relationship stronger...
I had one not too long ago. We both counted it as a blessing. Neither of us is ready for a child right now. The timing is all wrong. I'm 27, my husband is 39. We are saving up to buy a house, the economy is in the crapper, and I want to have been in my career for at least five years before I get pregnant. In three years, maybe.





We were both freaking out. Neither of us was very happy about it. Our birth control failed. We would have dealt with it, but fate dealt with it for me. It's sad, sure. Just when I was getting used to the idea, I lost it. I know that the timing was all wrong.





Now, you've been with the guy for 3 months? You are insane. Go get yourself on birth control immediately.
didn't have much effect on me because i'm what they call a ';natural habitual aborter'; - i lose 3 out of 4 pregnancies and in fact just found out my 16th pregnancy has no heartbeat.





my husband didn't deal well with the miscarriage back in january at all. it got so bad - in part because he went on a sneaking drinking binge and in part because i misread his not talking about it as not being bothered which, it's true, a lot of guys aren't because it's not ';real'; to them - anyway, it got so bad he ended up with a criminal record for domestic assault (should've been the pair of us because while he started with the mouth, i threw the first bottle).





so now he's going to anger management and alchohol counselling (after a year of it his criminal record will be expunged) and we have CAS helping us get family counselling and child respite care (because i'm alone and it's been me looking after our daughter basically 24/7 since she was born - didn't help my temper).
First of all, I am so sorry for what you had to go through. A miscarriage is such a hard thing, not only for the woman who had it, but for everyone close to her.





I went through a miscarriage in September 07. We were trying for a baby, and at around 12 weeks found out the baby had died. It was not only an emotional time for me, but my husband felt depressed about it as well and started immersing himself in work. He was there when the baby ';passed';, which helped us both deal with the finality of it all. I think the best thing for the two of you is to talk it out. Take a day or more if you need and thouroughly discuss your feelings on what happened, and on your fears and thoughts.





In my family, people are still affected by this. I'm pregnant again (28 weeks) and my father still feels strange by it, somewhat disconnected. He only started saying anything about my being pregnant now that it's been 6 months. My husband is closer to me than ever. I believe the reason we were able to get over everything so ';well'; is due to the communication we have, and our relationship with God. It's been a tough road.





I hope you two are able to talk everything out. This will affect you for awhile yet, and don't let it bother you that it does. Just remember to bring him into it and allow him to grieve as well. Guys just grieve a bit differently than girls... usually...
I probally wouldnt care much, even if we were trying to have a kid Id just have another.

No comments:

Post a Comment