Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How do you deal with a wicked mother-in-law?

I have such a trouble maker mother-out-law that won't stop making problems for my husband and I. She is a bitter woman who nobody likes. She will do everything in her power to get her son back.How do you deal with a wicked mother-in-law?
Shoot the woman.





Nahhhhh. Jokes. Talk with your husband and work something out. Or get a counsellor and let him/her mediate.How do you deal with a wicked mother-in-law?
First off send your anger in the direction it belongs. Yes your mother in law is a royal pain in you konw what but it is your husbands responsibility to tell her to butt out and get a life of her own. He needs to grow a pair and stand up to her. I hope it works out, but as long as he puts up with it you will have to put up with her.
I've experienced this with my fianc茅e's parents. You and your husband have to sit down with her and have a straight up talk. Get everything out in the open and express all your emotions towards her. Your husband has to tell her that she's pushing him away rather than bringing him closer to her with the way she's acting. He has to tell her that she must accept you two together or be out of his life. The good old ultimatum usually works. She will realize what she's doing wrong or be out of your life. If your husband won't stand up to her like this then you have to give him the ultimatum as well. You or her. I really hope everything ends well! :)
My mother-in-law and father-in-law tried that; causing trouble between me and my husband. We pretend they do not exist, now. If they are in our lives they try and make us feel unimportant to them or not good enough. Who needs that. They act evil and ignoring them is healthiest for our family. You know the saying, ';You can pick your friends but you can not pick your relatives.'; Spend time with those that encourage and uplift you and not those that bring you down. Send them cards if you want but don't subject yourselves to abuse. We made the mistake of going to see my mother-in-law a few months back because she was in the hospital. The first thing my ole' Dad in-law says to my husband is, ';Uh I did not recognize you, you have gained a lot of weight.?'; Love you too, Dad. . . Idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment