Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How can my husband deal with my bipolar/ADD?

I was recently diagnosed with Bipolar II and possible ADD.





to make a long story short, I've been to many doctors and therapists over the last 6 weeks and they have offered a lot of suggestions for me and my family on dealing with my condition.





One idea was to write down what I needed to accomplish in a day, then break it down into small steps and write those steps on index cards. That way I could pull out an index card and just focus on that one task until it was done. My husband thought the idea was stupid and wasn't willing to help me think of what needed to be on those cards.





Another idea was for someone in my house to remind me when I need to take my meds if it was possible. My husband reminded me for 2 days then completely stopped.





Another idea was for someone in my house to take over some of the housework temporarily until I found more focus in life. I asked my husband to do this, he said ';bullshit';, so I asked him to do just one chore a week, and he still wont do that.





Is there any way to make this easier for him, or get the point across that I am going to need a little help for the next few months?How can my husband deal with my bipolar/ADD?
Ok, you poor dear. I'm sorry to hear what you're dealing with.


You're on new meds right? Well,forget to cook him dinner a few nights,wash his clothes,etc etc...He will get the point..I'm sorry but what a jerk.





If he still won't help you hun. Get yourself the index cards and you can do it.


A calender on the wall write your appointments down from the doctors offices as soon as you get home.





As far as the house work...take a lil time for yourself,let him worry about it.


uhhh that makes me so mad.How can my husband deal with my bipolar/ADD?
sounds like hes the one that makes you bipolar lol.


if he doesnt want to help you do anything the doctors suggested then theres nothing you can do to get him to realize you need his help. unless you get so bad you just have a huge blow out and he sees that you really honestly need him.








good luck.
I would get my therapist to get me an ICM.[intensive care manager]And get your husband to remember that he said yes to go times and bad and that now you need him.He should think if it was the other way around and he needed you,would he like to be treated the way he is treating you.
To get him on track.





Talk to your Dr to set up appointment for both of you .





The Dr has to talk to him and set him strait.





You need love and support at home .





It is early in the adjustment, relax and reward your self for all the little things you do.





Oops ,happens ,ok.





Learn what stress you out and you can deal with it before it does.





Ask Dr about Cognitive behavioral therapy if that would help.


It sound like they have already have a.
sit your husband down and tell him your going throw a hard time and you need his support, and that you think that he should try and help you out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment