Monday, August 16, 2010

Women - how do you deal with husbands who work away from home?

My husband has just been offered a job which involves working away from home for a few days and nights a week. I'm worried that i'll hardly ever see him now as i work long hours too. We've only been married 8 months. I'm happy for him, but all he seems to be thinking about is this new job offer. What can i do? ThanksWomen - how do you deal with husbands who work away from home?
I did this for 15 years until I was well and truly fed up with being a single parent and a single woman the majority of the time. I was tired of sleeping alone and being lonely, and I divorced him. I'm glad I did, I'd do it again, and I'd never marry another man who traveled. You won't see him much, and when you have kids it will REALLY be hard on you. I understand some of these women are saying you should be positive, but there's reality, too. I didn't get married to be alone.Women - how do you deal with husbands who work away from home?
my husband works out of town. we have for kids. sometimes he is gone for a long time, sometimes for a few weeks. i miss him alot but he is doing what has to be done for us. he calls everyday and we are going to set up a web cam and he is getting a note book. he sends gifts and we write all the time.

Report Abuse



My husband left the 9 th going to iraq! I wish he could be gone only a couple of days and come back! He's gone for a year! If there's no sings that he' thinking of a woman or even thinking about cheating, don't worry about. Just make sure when he do get his days at home, you put ';it'; on him for a couple hours, that way,when he's away he will be to burnt out to think about sex!
That's not so bad, my sister in-law has to put up with her husband being away for months at a time (he's in the army)


and someone else i know, has a live in boyfriend who works on the oil-riggs 2 weeks on two weeks off.





It's not ideal of course, but i'm sure you'll be able to cope, and it will make the time you get to spend together so much more special :)
I always welcome those times. Mine does work away from time to time. I look at it as a moment of opportunity. And no..not in what you are thinking..Me time!





Read a long novel I have been wanting to read


A trip to the spa


A walk around the mall


Hit the gym


Organize the closet that he always messes up





If you look at it in a negative way, it will be a negative experience.





Look at it in a positive way, and you can find yourself as well.
i am a military wife, he has been away before we got married and right after and getting ready to go for a year again. he left last month for 4 weeks and is gone again for another 4 weeks right now. imagine that.
I seems worse than it really is. I am not saying it is not hard but with today's technology it is easier that you would think. My husband started working out of state for the first time ever last Tuesday.
Short of asking him not to take a job, there isn't a thing you can do. I tolerated that for years and I wouldn't do it again.
Tell him i F*#$%en love you!! yad yad yad and the ting is in your back of your mind i won't have sex for a long time. But if he is acting bitche then just cheat on him and have a good time making him jealous
It will work itself out. Your time together will be more special and most likely his working away from home won't last forever.
if the job offer is the most attractive offer available then you an your family need to adapt to the sitution...i am a husband that works long hours and away from home alot..
I was with two previous partners who worked away ...I loved it had my own Space and when they came home it was like a second honeymoon...you have to make sacrifices somewhere along the line
choose his time away to pursue something you would like to do.
they sell marital aides

No comments:

Post a Comment