Monday, August 16, 2010

How to deal with a husband who works nights?

My husband has just started working nights at a hospital. And I just cant get used to not having him in bed at night to sleep with. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with being on total opposite schedules???How to deal with a husband who works nights?
My husband bounces back and forth from day and night shifts, at first it was very hard to fall asleep without him there.. It took a couple of weeks to adjust, but once I was used to him not being around it just became apart of the daily ritual. Now I find for those times when he works day shifts I sleep much worse because I can't hog the whole bed and blankets anymore.. haha! You get used to it.. And as for spending time together, pre plan your schedules and on those days where you are both free make sure you make that time count.. Quality over quantity!How to deal with a husband who works nights?
My husband only comes home for the weekend. I couldn't sleep for the longest time without him in the bed. Now I am so loving the space and having the whole bed to myself, and nobody snoring, turning beside me, that I cannot sleep when he is home and sleeping in the same bed with me! lol
Sometimes I go in with him, and other times I enjoy my alone time.


Listen to some smooth jazz, have a few glasses of wine, and chat with my friends/family.


Also enjoy a night out with the girls about once a week.
My hubby is an ER Dr. so he works all sorts of crazy hrs. I just keep myself busy.





Whenever you're together, just spend as much quality time as a couple.
Be patient until he gets home and try to spend time with him when his not at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment