Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How should husband deal with hs mom if she disrespect his wife?

Husband and I have been together for 15 years and just married. We have kid's together,but mil is very disrepectful towards wife. I don't feel comfortable attend familf functions becuase I don't want to deal with her or the nasty in-laws.. What should I do??How should husband deal with hs mom if she disrespect his wife?
talk to ur husband about it, you guys should sit down adn u should explain the situation to him completly and how u feel , if he understand s ur apin he wouldnt force u to do anything against ur will. Don't take the **** from her, answer right back so she would think 10 times before messing with u next timeHow should husband deal with hs mom if she disrespect his wife?
If your husband has already told his mother and family that he doesn't like the way they treat you, then there is nothing else he can do especially if he wants a relationship with them still, and there is nothing you can do about it. If they don't respect your husband enough to stop then no matter how many talks you have with him, nothing will come out of it but you two getting mad at each other. You can't control other people and their actions/reactions, you can only control yourself.





If they don't respect you then you don't have to respect them, just remember that you have kids and they learn from you so be the bigger person and don't go down to their low level of ';maturity'; but if they stare you down, stare right back..don't let them take away your spirit...
every time his family disrespects me he stands up for me and i do the same to my family if my husband is disrespected. My mil still can't accept the fact that my husband and i have been married going on 2 yrs March 19th and have 2 kids together...she says since i had 2 kids before our relationship that i wasn't good enough for him but i have 4 stepkids that my husband fathered before me. You don't have to go to any family functions that include them steer clear of trouble cuz we all don't need it in our lives
Well, no matter how she treats you, you need to treat her with respect. You need to allow your husband to have a relationship with his family and the kids should be allowed to have a relationship with them as well.





You cannot change another person, you can only change your reaction to them.
I feel your pain... my husband's father and his step-mom do not like me and used to say awful things about me to my husband but he told his Dad one day that he loved me and he didn't care what his father thought of me. If he was going to call his house and talk about me he didn't want him calling at all.
He should have dealt with this 15 years ago and didn't. I doubt he feels like it is his problem now. I'll bet he thinks you are both a lot alike and he might even think the whole thing is funny. This is just going to destroy your marriage the way you're letting it eat you alive. I don't get it. Are you next door neighbors? Watch ';Everyone Loves Raymond'; sometime and learn how to laugh at some of this.
Take the high road always. Do not let them drag you down to their level.


Limit your time with them. If your husband wants to spend more time with them he needs to go to them one on one and set some ground rules.


They should not be disrespecting you in front of your kids.
In-laws should be dealt with by the direct relation of those in-laws. You deal with his parents/ he deals with his. I'm not sure what is the problem. For me, I just grit my teeth and bare it...and find somewhere to vent (not to my husband). Good luck.
...'; and the man shall LEAVE his mother and father and CLEAVE to his wife...';





This is a bible verse (I wish I could tell you exactly where! But it's there, believe it.





Point is, if he hasn't stuck up for you in this long...he's a coward.
Have your husband to tell his mother that she is no longer welcomed in your house if she doesn't start showing respect. If that doesn't work cut off all communication. This kind of stuff can ruing your marriage .
The Bible says that a man should marry and then go live with his wife's parents and ';Cleave only to her ';
Tell him to show mom that his pimp hand is way strong
Don't have any contact with people who don't treat you with respect. Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment