Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How can a husband deal with his 2 year old?

when my husband is dealing with our 2 year old, normally their suppose to be afraid of them and act better around them right?? but not our child, he seems to act more crazy like he would say ';ouch, ow!!'; or scream and throw tantrums looking for me ALWAYS and like he's beating him or something, but my husband is very patient with him he has a calm voice but how is he suppose to act toward our son when he's throwing tantrums everytime he picks him up?? i don't want to do all the job with my son always screaming my name..... please helpHow can a husband deal with his 2 year old?
Leave Dad at home for a day with your son. With you not around, he'll have no choice but to get used to daddy. Also, when dad is trying to discipline or do something with him, don't step in if he cries for you. Let him know Daddy is just as important as Mommy.How can a husband deal with his 2 year old?
Yeah been there once and now again with a 2 year old and not only would my wife be the one called to but also papa (my wife's dad) It bothers me but I am at work all the time and he is always around. In the end we must just understand that it is constant phase changes and won't always be this way. Besides I think that our kids come to us fathers more later in life.......';Hey dad can I have 20 bucks to go to the movies?'; or ';Dad can I borrow the car?'; I hope this isn't confusing.
Dad needs to be with him more.
When he picks him up and he starts acting ';crazy'; your husband, not you, must say in a stern tone of voice ';no, your being ugly, stop that';, if he doesn't (and I don't look for him to) he needs to back it up with a pop to his rear. He may cry a bit, but it won't hurt him, the main thing is to stop it NOW, before he gets any older or any worst. We all love our children, but sometimes they can make you want to scream!


Good Luck
good grief woman, why would you want your 2 yr old to be ';afraid'; of his father??? geesh
100% agreed with ';getting large with baby';
It is NOT normal for a child to be afraid of a parent. That would indicate some type of abuse. Your son is going through the ';terrible twos';. When he begins to act like this your husband should simply put him to his bedroom put up a child gate in his doorway and tell him that when he can act appropriately he can come out. You are NOT to interfere, that is the problem right there, you are interfering when you son cries for you you go to him. If his father is taking care of him STAY OUT OF IT. Sounds to me as if your husband is attempting to do a terrific job with your son but you keep butting in. There is no reason your son should fear his father, maybe he should fear you for being such a ';buttinskiy'; though. Leave father and child alone, they will work things out.
Your son may be experiencing separation anxiety... At 2 he can still have it. Make sure he knows its okay to have daddy too. Do it gradual and easy. If you yell, hit, or be angry about it, it could just scare him more. My daughter is just starting to really get used to daddy. She is 25 months old. She goes back and forth on it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment