Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How to deal with husband in the army being in iraq?

my husband has been over in iraq since october of '06 he cam home just in time to see our son being born but had to go back 2 weeks later. how can i deal or cope with the fact that he is over there and might not make it back home safely, God forbid.How to deal with husband in the army being in iraq?
Focus on keeping that new baby healthy so he can see his daddy when he gets home. Be proud of what your husband is doing, say a prayer for his safety (as a lot of us are doing for all soldiers) and visit with friends so you don't go through this alone. Good luck to you and congratulations on your little guy!How to deal with husband in the army being in iraq?
That's tough. But SO are alot of things- and life still rumbles on... Try to concentrate on the things you CAN control; like taking care of your little son, your everyday life, and YOU (afterall- THAT'S what's your husband's looking forward to coming back to!). The time WILL pass... -Just try to keep busy, %26amp; let life %26amp; time do their ';thing...'; Hang in there, %26amp; Good luck.
Congratulations on your new son! Just remember that all life is dangerous and try not to dwell on the possibilities. We, here in America, have the highest rate of traffic accidents and fatalities of any nation in the world so even if he were here there would still be danger. I recently had a neice of about 40 years, seriously injured in a traffic accident who is still unconscious after over a month. She is scheduled for a major 12 hour surgery tomorrow or Saturday. We are all worried as I know you are.





Do you have internet access with your husband over there and do you get to talk with him by phone quite often? If not be sure you know of the opportunities for this communication by contacting his outfit here in the USA.





I have a son who is a flight nurse in the states who is up in aircraft and helicopters almost every day in all kinds of weather and we worry about him too but we don't let that worry keep us from doing what is necessary and keeping in constant contact with him. Take good care of your son and yourself as your husband needs you both when he gets back soon.





Good luck, good health, peace and love!
get a boyfriend
You can look at the good points. The war is almost over (for us, anyway, probably not for the Iraqi people), and casualties are not real high. The odds of him getting hurt probably range around 1 in 1,000. He is a hero, for sure. He served his nation and took care of you. You are a good woman to stand behind him. It takes a special person to be married to someone in the military. He will be home soon, and I think he will be fine.
I would contact other wives who husbands are over in Iraq, maybe through your husbands commanding Officer, or through the base he is from they probablly have social gatherings for family members. You might even try searching the internet for wives and families with husbands who are serving. Good luck to you and your husband.
I went through an Iraq deployment too. Luckily, my husand was only there for 8 months, but it seemed like forever. We emailed a lot and wrote tons of letters. I sent him tons of stuff. It made me feel like he was waiting at home. I'd see some candy and say he might like that and then I'd just send it to him. I kept myself very busy on top of that. I worked full time and went out with friends more than I usually did. I moved home while he was gone. We are stationed in California but I moved back to NY so I could be with my family. Try taking up a new hobby, scrapbooking or crafting. That'll take up some time and you can feel like you accomplished something. I know this is a hard time, especially with a baby. Just concentrate on your child and don't think of the bad stuff. I hope he comes back soon and safely.
If you fell lonely or need help taking care of your baby, the best thing to do would be to ask for help from your mum, mum-in-law or friends.Always think of the positives and if you ever freak out, take deep breathes and think of your son. Just the thought of that will calm you down as your son is surely the best thing that has happened to you right? A baby is a miracle, aren't they?. Regarding your husband, just pray to GOD and ask for his protection. I hope your husband comes home real soon.
He should be coming back soon. I don't think they'll keep him over there for a whole year. Just remember that he joined the military for a reason, and he's probably doing it right now. And he'll be fine, only a very small percentage of the soldiers have anything go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment