Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How to deal with husband in the army being in iraq?

my husband has been over in iraq since october of '06 he cam home just in time to see our son being born but had to go back 2 weeks later. how can i deal or cope with the fact that he is over there and might not make it back home safely, God forbid.How to deal with husband in the army being in iraq?
my husband has been there 18 months now.you just need to stay positive that he will come home to you.you just need to find a hobby or something to keep your mind off it as much as possible,i know its not easy but the more you worry about him and if you say something to him about it he might lose his concentration on his job and get hurt.i worry about my husband to but i make sure not to tell him,i dont want him to worry about me and all,i just tell him the kids and i miss him and we cant wait till he comes homeHow to deal with husband in the army being in iraq?
First off, Angel, ignore the clods. They are trying to get under your skin to get a response. Don't let them.





As for your husband, I was overseas for awhile. My wife found a few things that helped out. She started recording sound files on the computer and emailing them to me. Just hearing her voice when I didn't have telephone access was nice. It helped. And even when I wasn't able to retrieve them, it made her feel better to think she was talking to me.





Get into a support group of other wives (spouses) in the unit. Go out to dinner and talk to each other. Help each other out. There should be a Family Support Group for the unit. If there isn't, consider making one. It's a great resource, especially for someone with a new challenge like a new baby.





Good luck, god bless. Tell him to soldier on and keep his head down, and come home safe.
My husband is there too. Try to stay positive. I know how awful it is to try to raise your babies, not knowing if their daddy will make it home. I pray for my husband's safety every day, and just have to believe he'll be coming back--the alternative is just too horrendous to contemplate.


Ignore those jackasses who are giving you a hard time because your husband feels that he has a duty to serve his country.


They don't deserve his service, but they get the benefit of it anyway. And there are lots of people out there who do appreciate the sacrifice he, you and your family are making.


I wish I had some real wisdom to pass along to help you--but unfortunately, I like you, just try to get through the time my husband is gone and hope he returns safely. Just remember, you aren't alone.
Look i feel sorry for all our troops that are over there and yes you are right they are just doing their job,if half of the


idiots in our respective countries knew what it is like for those who have families over in any war zone they would change their attitude,but they haven't i would really like to see the end of the whole flamin thing,so all of our troops come home,but that won't be any time soon i don't think,


it has to do with the iraqi people,the sooner that they can get their act together and take over the controls to their country the sooner our men and women can come home to their families.So until then we just have to keep hoping.


I wish you and your family all the best and hope that your


man comes home soon ,Cheer's.
First of all I would like to thank you and your husband. You for enduring being without him. And him for serving his country. Hate the war-----Not the warrior,he is doing his duty.He doesn't like war either but he will do his duty to his utmost ability. When they ask veterans to stand up and be recognized they should also ask the military wives to stand up also.For they have given up a great deal and gone thru a lot while their spouses were in the military,


There should be a support group that you can join on base. you can find support with the other spouses who have mates deployed either male or female.
your best bet is to pray to lady fatima and ask her to help him come home save,,
I know it might seem hard but stick by him! He is just as sick as you knowing that u and your son are not around. If u know where he is write him. Being over there is hard! Trust me i know! I was stationed in Bagram. I would have been leaving again this year but i just had a lil girl! Please stay positive and let him know you are supportive. Get involved with the different programs on base for the spuses of deployed servicemen. It will give you a litte comfort being around people feel they same as you and can relate. GOD BLESS and don't worry he will be home sooner than you think!!
I know How you feel honey, My husband is over there too!! Just live your day as you did before your husband left, Take care of your baby, Clean your house when it needs it, Talk to other wives that live around you, Stay positive, thats all I can tell you. I don't have kids yet, my husband left before we could have any, but I do have a dog that keeps me company though. I try not to think about the bad things that could happen, I always say to myself, He will come home safely and unharmed so I have nothing to worry about. Us Military wives have a tough job to do, so stay positive and don't let any of the negitive things get in the way of you taking care of your baby. Godbless you!!
And you should continue to be proud! :)





Don't let these comments get you down. As a soldier myself, I could care less what someone thinks about what we do over there. I know that that I'm proud of who I am and you should be too.





But sometimes I actually wonder why we fight for ';freedom'; because those kind of ungreatful americans don't deserve it.
My husband is Air Force and has not, fortunately, spent longer than 4 months down range. I have so much respect for the Army and what they are sacrificing for this country.





The nasty comments that have been left here are just disgusting. We're overseas right now in Europe and the support I see from most of our fellow Americans back home is wonderful.





Keep a picture of him up somewhere where your little one can see it and show it to him or her every day.





He will be back home safe.
You madam are one helluva military wife.


Write down all those comparisons you just made and keep them close to your heart.





You're doing fine.


I'm proud of you.
be proud
Aww..I feel so sorry for wives like you with husbands in Iraq fighting for us and our country and all these other men not doing nothing! Anyway...Just keep pictures close by and always think POSITIVE. If you think negative and think that he won't come back then he won't but if you think he will and just plan for something special when he comes home then time will fly by fast and before you know it he'll be there for you and your baby. I hope all goes well..actually I KNOW all is going to well! Just stay positive ma.
Your prayers can be more powerful than any bullet or bomb. The power of pure beauty is by far more powerful than power by itself.





Have faith in God and pray for what He knows will be the best for you and your family. You will have to accept that if your husband doesn't make it back that it was God's will. Your faith in God will be more powerful than any body armor or armored vehicle.
First of all, don't listen to the idiot deejay above. Your husband is doing a tough job in tough circumstances. If someone wants to criticize the people who sent him there, that's one thing... but to criticize your husband for doing the job he promised to do, that's just wrong.





As for dealing with his deployment, my suggestion is to associate with other wives (and potentially husbands) whose spouses are in the same situation.





Think about it: a weekly group who reads letters from their loved ones from the front lines to others in the same situation; a group who holds potluck dinners so people with military spouses don't have to cook as much; people who work to build personal support (as opposed to political support) for the individuals who are over there risking their lives - perhaps through care packages, or the Red Cross programs, or other support programs.





In other words, just be involved. You need not be political about your support, one way or the other. Believe me, when others see your example, even if they don't know people directly involved in the conflict, they will want to get involved too.





And in the end, getting people involved with the day-to-day lives of the soldiers is the best way to help your loved ones in the long run, in my opinion. To sum up - it's best to keep busy in support of the deployed. and there is a lot you can do in that regard.
Surround yourself with positive people who will give you the much needed support you and your family need right now.


It is never easy when our husbands are deployed , but you have got to stay focused on your children and yourself.


I have been an Armywife for over 10 yrs , an AF brat and I am also in the Guard, I joined during war time ALOT of my family and my inlaws didnt think it was a wise choice but for me its what I wanted to do for myself , my family and our country.


As a spouse my only advice is to stay busy by getting your little ones involved in some type of sport on post or off.


Visit your family and have them vistit you, take this time to go to College , or work, sitting at home will make his time over there go by very slow.. go to the gym, go on a walk ,bike ride there are plenty of things to do to keep your mind off of him being there, it is a reality of not knowing what God forbid may happen , more you focus on that and stay in the news the harder it will be. There is always FRG as I know about the gossip that goes on not everyone is like that , the Chaplin's door is always open.


Send your husband plenty of pics of the children and even yourself , that way he wont feel like hes missing out on a whole lot... write him telll him how you feel about him and how proud you are of him for being there ...


My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family !


The Power of Prayer is wonderful!!!


www.silentunity.com


This is a place ive gone to request prayer for myself my friends and family .. try it .


Good luck!


Hold your head high because we as Armywives really do have the harderst jobs in the Army.





Armywife %26amp; Proud Soldier
i would just say leave him but then again i would never allow myself to marry someone that i knew was never going to be around. you cant honestly expect people to feel sorry for you or try to make you better when you knew what the f*ck you were getting yourself into when you married this guy.
you should be ashamed that hes off slaughtering innocents and raping children.

No comments:

Post a Comment